The epitome of timeless and effortless style, a leather jacket is one of the most versatile pieces in your wardrobe. No matter your personal style, there is a leather jacket out there for you, which once purchased, you will never be able to live without!
To prove to you just how versatile a leather jacket can be, we want to give you some leather jacket dos and don’ts.
How to wear a leather jacket
- We find that leather jackets go really well with boots, heels, or even trainers. Your choice of shoes can set the tone for the whole look. Casual or smart, your leather jacket will be a great piece to pull the look together.
- Layer your leather jacket with a cashmere jumper, a scarf, or an overcoat to keep warm and stylish on cooler days.
- For more casual days, pair with leggings and a jumper underneath.
- For smart occasions, wear a leather jacket over a dress or skirt for a trendy twist to your outfit.
- Leather jackets are also suitable to wear to meetings, as long as you have kept it clean and wear it with a smart shirt or skirt. If you’re worried about cleaning your leather jacket - check out our guide on how to keep your leather jacket clean here!
Are you wondering what type of leather jacket is for you?Follow our tips below to find the right leather jacket for your taste, and how to style it! Before you know it, you will be following in Kendall Jenner and Kate Moss’ footsteps!
To prove to you just how versatile a leather jacket is, first we want to give you some leather jacket dos and don’ts.
The Classic Biker Leather Jacket
Angie Leather Biker Jacket in red
The first thing that comes to mind when you think ‘leather jacket’ is the classic Motorcycle Leather Jacket style. With its silver hardware and wide lapel, it is easily recognisable. Pair it with a t-shirt and jeans for a laid back look, or a mini-skirt for the rocker-chic vibe.
Top style tip! You can pair your jacket with heels or trainers - both look great depending on the time of day and occasion!
The Cropped Leather Jacket
The Leather Blazer
This style has got 90s cool written all over it. A little longer in the body, it looks great with skinny fitting trousers underneath!
The Leather Trench
The trench is the ultimate leather jacket variation in our opinion. A SKIIM style staple, it is sexy and sophisticated, whilst being chic and effortlessly cool. Like all leather jackets, it can also be dressed up or down!
For a more laid back look, pair the Karla with the Gabby jogger and heels.
For a sophisticated, sexy look, style the Karla with the Natalie trousers and a sexy top! You will be turning heads in no time!