SKIIM began in 2016 when creative director Caroline Sciamma-Massenet recognized a gap in the market for modern and versatile leather pret-a-porter that could be effortlessly incorporated as an essential part of a woman's wardrobe. Thoughtfully designed, with longevity in mind, and created to evolve with the wearer, Caroline sourced every component with an emphasis on craftsmanship, zero waste, and as little impact on the environment as possible. This ethos carries on today.
Picked up in its first season by prestigious stockists like Le Bon Marche Paris and Browns London, Caroline's understanding of what women want to wear has seen the brand grow exponentially in popularity. SKIIM has expanded its product offering to include accessories and ready-to-wear in eco-friendly natural fibres designed to complement the consciously sourced leather that remains core to the brand. Collections remain style rather than trend-led, with an irreverent nod to the sex appeal and rebellion of 60's and 70's ingenues of French cinema and music.
Founder and Creative Director Caroline Sciamma-Massenet began her fashion career in front of the camera. As a model she learned what women love to wear. 17 years later, as a Stylist with French Vogue and CR Fashion Book, she learned what women need in their wardrobe. Caroline encourages the SKIIM woman to play with her style, mixing luxury leathers with vintage denims, emerging labels, silk, cotton and wool, to avoid total-looks and build on her own spirit and identity.
1. LIFETIME — we design with longevity in mind & not throw-away fashion. Timelessness is paramount to all we do.
2. EVOLUTION — pieces are designed to evolve and change with the woman who wears them.
3. THOUGHTFUL — we aim to be less excessive , reduce wastage & be less impactful on the environment.
4. EMPOWEREMENT — we seek to empower and celebrate the feminine figure.
5. CRAFTSMANSHIP — we source every component and employ highly skilled craftspeople whose attention to detail help realize the SKIIM product.
6. RESPECT — we value and pride ourselves on humility. We respect our customer by listening to their needs and going above and beyond their expectations.
7. COMMUNITY — an inclusive supply chain and consumer offering matters to us. We partner with suppliers who are exemplary in their approach to social & environmental well-being.
8. REIMAGINE — we combat waste by reinterpreting, repurposing, and upcycling our off-cuts into desirable and functional staples.
9. ADAPTABILITY — our small production runs mean we are adept at adapting to our customer needs.
10. TRANSPARENCY — we recognise the challenges around being 100% sustainable, and we don’t claim to be. We are honest about our materials, processes and practises.